Expats, while back in our passport nations we’ve finally figured out how to order coffee and how to drive without honking. We’re sleeping through the night and haven’t had a sixteen-hour movie marathon while locked into a non-reclining seat in weeks. And now, it is time to return home. What’s running through your mind? Here’s a glimpse of mine.
- I bought too much stuff. Darn that Target store.
- But I won’t be able to buy running shoes for two years.
- I forgot to buy peanut butter.
- It wouldn’t fit in the suitcases anyway.
- The suitcases all weigh 50.0 pounds. I rock.
- I forgot to buy birthday presents for the autumn birthdays this year. I suck.
- I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed.
- I don’t want to think about how hot it will be while sleeping in my own bed.
- When will the Star Trek transporter be developed?
- Travel time only 25 hours, hey not too bad this time.
- So glad I don’t have to pack diapers anymore.
- Wish I hadn’t watched all the coverage of Malaysian flight 370 and MH17 in the Ukraine.
- Wish I could stay in Minnesota.
- Am glad I’m not staying in Minnesota.
- Wish I could see XXXX one more time.
- Am glad I got to see XXXX at all.
- What kind of money will I need on this trip?
What are you thinking in those final, countdown days and hours?
*image via Flickr