18 Things To Do When There Is No Electricity
- Watch a movie until the battery on the computer dies.
- Light candles and do homework.
- Look at the stars and try to find or create our own constellations.
- Go for a drive.
- Make popcorn with a candle for lighting and eat it while sitting outside in the dark with the neighbors telling folktales and watching the kids play ghosts in the graveyard.
- Bake cookies. Unless your stove only works when plugged in.
- Play board games.
- Go outside, go for a walk, exercise but hopefully the power will come on by the time you finish or you won’t be able to take a shower.
- Go swimming. Eat something but shut that fridge door quickly.
- Sing and play guitar and laugh at the out of tuneness of the guitar and our voices.
- Perform a play and don’t worry about the acting, no one can see you anyway.
- Tickle the kids.
- Tell them a story, or rather, have Tom tell them a story.
- Sweat. Sweat. Sweat.
- Pray for a house with a generator, an automatic generator.
- Tell your husband you won’t live for another month in Djibouti without an automatic generator.
- Praise God for answered prayer (the power is back and your next house will have that generator).
*image via Flickr